Energy Efficiency, Environmental Impact & Cost Savings Incentive Analysis
This unique service assesses existing properties to explore the possibility of improvement in energy efficiency and environmental impact. We also take advantage of any applicable green incentives to promote cost savings for tenants and property owners while lessening environmental impact in northern Nevada.
Numerous state and federal incentives facilitate the implementation of cost-effective energy efficiency improvements. In many cases, a company will:
- Save money with increased energy efficiency.
- Already qualify for green incentives, and through lifecycle cost analysis, we can determine what improvements provide attractive returns on your investment.
In 2005, Nevada’s legislature passed a bill providing the platform for the adoption of the United States Green Building Council’s Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (USGBC LEED) building certification system. Many of Nevada’s incentives are now based on LEED standards.
LEED certification is awarded to buildings that represent high-performance, sustainable site development, water savings, energy efficiency, materials selection and indoor environmental quality. Each standard has different levels of achievement, beginning with LEED Certified and continuing to Silver, Gold and Platinum certification.
Although complete LEED certification is an option, there may be less involved methods of taking advantage of other incentive programs. Improvements that may qualify include:
- Improved lighting, which reduces operating costs over the period of the lease and increases worker productivity.
- Improved insulation, which reduces energy consumption and creates a healthier, more pleasing work environment.
- Ensuring proper HVAC operation and schedule, which may equal big savings and increased occupant comfort.
Whether you take advantage of increased energy efficiency, green incentives or the LEED certification system, it’s important to understand your options. Miller Industrial Properties can assist you during this process and pinpoint any potential savings or incentives.